Ever wonder about starting a video show? Did you decide not to due to the many obstacles, including a lack of time and resources?
Have you wanted to get on podcasting bandwagon but feel unsure of how to juggle your tasks?
Were you concerned that neither of these things would be the most productive use of your time?
In this episode, we discover the wonder of video shows and podcasting and talk about being involved in several ventures while still focusing on what you are good at. We also get into how affiliate marketing can significantly boost your following and the traffic to your website.
Today on the show we are joined by Matt Giovanisci, successful entrepreneur, website wizard, podcast producer, and video veteran. His specialties include web design, internet marketing, web development, SEO, small and corporate business marketing and more, and he is here to talk about how he makes money through information-based sites, affiliate offers and how their link manager tool LASSO fits into it all.
We also talk about the importance of editing your business and scrutinizing expenses, focusing on what you are truly good at and knowing when to delegate and outsource tasks to optimize your productivity. He also shares how he manages to create consistent, high-quality content while avoiding burnout, and he dishes out advice for those who are looking to start producing videos or podcasts.
Be sure to tune in for another fantastic episode!
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
Today’s episode is brought to you by Podia.
Podia is a Swiss Army Knife for selling anything you need online. It’s an all-in-one digital storefront where you can sell courses, memberships, and digital downloads all in one place.
The cool thing about Podia is that they eliminate all the technical headaches. You don’t have to install anything, you can host your sales pages there, your files, your checkout process. You can even do your email marketing and your newsletters from Podia!
Fizzle Show listeners can get 15% off of Podia FOR LIFE by signing up for a free trial over at http://podia.com/fizzle.
Key Points from This Episode:
- The evolution of Matt’s project Earnest and joining up with LASSO. [0:05:20.0]
- Building information-based sites and making money through affiliate offers. [0:10:16.0]
- LASSO as a link manager for affiliate sites and other problems it solves. [0:14:25.0]
- How editing his business has been a massive breakthrough. [0:18:34.0]
- Establishing that he is good at digital publishing and deciding to focus on that. [0:23:36.0]
- More about their Money Lab podcast and having a dynamic sponsorship spot. [0:29:48.0]
- How YouTube sponsorship revenue compares to his Matt’s own products. [0:35:22.0]
- Matt’s strategy for putting out videos, podcasts and articles consistently. [0:39:23.0]
- The process of making a video: from the script to finding the right background. [0:43:28.0]
- Deciding which steps of the video production process to outsource. [0:47:08.0]
- Understanding the need to delegate and spending time on what matters. [0:52:42.0]
- Advice for people who want to start a video show or podcast. [1:00:42.0]
- Matt’s amazing affiliate marketing course now available inside Fizzle. [1:04:04.0]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Podia — https://www.podia.com/fizzle
- Matt Giovanisci on Twitter — https://twitter.com/MattGiovanisci
- Swim University — https://www.swimuniversity.com/
- Money Lab Podcast — https://www.moneylab.co/podcast
- LASSO — https://getlasso.co/
- LASSO Free Trial — https://fizzle.co/lasso
- Listen Money Matters Podcast — https://www.listenmoneymatters.com/show/
- WordPress — https://wordpress.com/
- Pretty Links — https://prettylinks.com/
- CleverHiker — https://www.cleverhiker.com/
- Wirecutter — https://thewirecutter.com/
- NerdWallet — https://www.nerdwallet.com/
- WP Engine — https://wpengine.com/
- Traction on Amazon — https://www.amazon.com/Traction-Get-Grip-Your-Business/dp/1936661837
- Profit First — https://profitfirstbook.com/
- Toyota — https://www.toyota.com/
- Mitsubishi — https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/
- Megaphone — https://megaphone.fm/
- StartUp Podcast — https://gimletmedia.com/shows/startup
- The Profit — https://www.cnbc.com/the-profit/
- Shark Tank — https://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank
- Asana — https://asana.com/
- Trello — https://trello.com/
- Caleb Wojcik — https://www.calebwojcik.com/
- Adobe Premiere — https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html?promoid=PQ7SQBYQ&mv=other
- Zencastr — https://zencastr.com/
- PewDiePie — https://www.youtube.com/user/PewDiePie/videos?app=desktop
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Try 5 — http://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Productivity Essentials — https://app.fizzle.co/library/productivity-essentials
- Fizzle Name Evaluator — https://fizzle.co/?s=name+evaluator
- Fizzle Customer Conversations Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- Fizzle Define Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/guides/defining-your-audience
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
Today’s episode is brought to you by Podia.