Much has been said about the idea of niching down as an entrepreneur, but how important is it? And how niche do you need to go?
What is niching down? Is your business niche enough to be successful today? Niche down for what?!
We’re here to help you figure all of this out and get your business as focused as it needs to be.
In this episode, we’ll help you understand what niching down means in a contemporary climate before addressing the potential negative side of going too niche. We also look at the idea of focus and how it can be used in conjunction with these principles. The team offers some concrete methods for finding your niche and help discern fears and how to turn these off.
We also talk about finding your audience, scratching your own itch and a few other ways to naturally specify your product or service.
So if you are looking to clarify your mission, accentuate your company and want to niche down in the right way, this is the episode for you! Tune in to get it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Does niching down still work today? [0:05:30.2]
- The line between niching down and going to far with novelty. [0:09:12.5]
- Why niches are, in some ways, an illusion. [0:12:01.3]
- Auto-mechanics and the lesson they teaches us about focus and niching down. [0:15:43.2]
- The compound effect of focus and the benefits of this exercise. [0:19:03.8]
- Niching down as a way to appeal to customers. [0:21:37.1]
- Standing out through focussing and finding your niche. [0:22:46.8]
- Marketing benefits to being more niche with your business. [0:24:50.5]
- Some of the fears that are related to narrowing your niche. [0:26:20.7]
- Where this fear really comes from and why it is not actually about niching down. [0:33:29.3]
- Overcoming the fear of perceptions and failure. [0:37:12.2]
- How to get down to working on niching your business. [0:42:08.9]
- Finding an audience with a specific problem. [0:49:25.6]
- Scratching your own itch as a way to find your niche! [0:51:01.2]
“Niche Down For What!?”
“Niche Down For What!?”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Lil’ Jon — http://liljon.com/
- Turn Down for What — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU
- Spanx — https://www.spanx.com/
- Chase Reeves Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/user/chasereeves
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »