Becoming an entrepreneur means taking risks, right? Does this leap of faith have to be super perilous and terrifying? Are there ways in which you can take the necessary risks that suit you and your business and ensure the highest chance of success?
These are questions that prospective and even full time business owners have to answer all the time. Here at Fizzle, as supposed successful entrepreneurs we are still plagued by these issues and the concerns that come along with them!
In this episode, we unpack all of our thoughts about the transition, big jump or leap of faith to chasing your dream job. We talk about the usefulness of day jobs in making your vision possible, the different types of risk involved, taking advantage of opportunity and the things that can help you control this overwhelming experience.
We also talk about common misconceptions, power versus force and getting ready for take-off.
For this and much more, be sure to join for this episode!
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
Today’s episode of The Fizzle Show is brought to you by Bench, the largest bookkeeping service for small business owners like you. With Bench, a team of real humans do your books for you, and deliver tax-ready financial statements so you can know exactly what the financial health of your business is, every month.
Bench is offering a free month of bookkeeping to Fizzle Show listeners. Sign up, and Bench will do a full month of your books at no charge. Then, if you decide Bench is right for you, get 20% off your first six months—just for being a friend of Fizzle. Bench does your bookkeeping for you, so you can focus on running your business.
Sign up for free: https://bench.co/partner/fizzle/
Key Points From This Episode:
- Funding your dream through a corporate job. [0:07:52.6]
- Shortening runways and holding onto income before flight is possible. [0:12:42.4]
- Maintaining a solid footing while transitioning into entrepreneurship. [0:15:17]
- Misconceptions around starting a successful business. [0:17:50.2]
- The difference between ego and financial types of risk. [0:23:04.1]
- Rebranding yourself, identity risks and the finality of making the jump. [0:26:18.8]
- The potential of failure and balancing this with grand ideas. [0:33:30.5]
- Moments of opportunity and reacting with the appropriate force. [0:40:01.4]
- A business’ relationship with time and public perception. [0:44:30.3]
- Putting yourself out there and creating good fortune through preparation. [0:45:55.4]
- The constant feeling of exhilaration. [48:30.0]
- Controlling what you can with a goal and a timeline. [0:55:08.2]
- Finding a risk option that suits you best and freedom from fear. [0:57:50.2]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Chase’s Special LA Event
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Bench — https://bench.co/partner/fizzle/
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- Leadership and Self Deception — https://www.amazon.com/Leadership-Self-Deception-Getting-Out-Box/dp/1576759776
- Rumi — https://www.khamush.com/poems.html
- Dr David Hawkins — http://www.spiritualteachers.org/david-hawkins/
- Peter Gabriel — https://petergabriel.com/
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Try 5 — http://fizzle.co/try5
- Jason Fried — https://www.ted.com/speakers/jason_fried
- David Heinemeier Hansson — https://david.heinemeierhansson.com/
- Chase’s Event —
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Smart Passive Income — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Aiden Fishbein — https://vitals.agency/blog/author/aiden/
- Steph Crowder — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting