How has online business and selling changed in the last twenty years? How can we as entrepreneurs move and change with the times to keep staying profitable, inspired and current?
Are there any rules that have stayed the same during this period?
Our topic for today centers around the world of online sales and the way in which they have and continue to evolve. The internet has sped up the development of the way traditional sales have functioned and this increasing speed is exponential!
In this episode, we break down a special guest’s particular journey, successes and misadventures, selling products on eBay and Amazon. We discuss early ideas and items, low risk moves and how they managed to scale their business slowly over time.
Today on the show we are joined by Quin Amorim, who started selling items on eBay in the late ’90s and arguably invented an early form of the now omnipresent drop shipping model. Quim has managed to build a hugely successful business and career for himself all from the early desire to make a bit more cash to spend partying!
We also talk about pocket rockets, wooden statues, quantities for packaging, becoming more organized and the importance of listening for feedback from audiences and friends. The episode really drums home the message of catching and riding different waves as they arrive and how your enthusiasm for building a brand can take you a long way.
For all of this and more, join the Fizzle team today!
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
Key Points From This Episode:
- Funding your dream job with another side hustle. [0:06:25.5]
- Online business models and residual sales. [0:07:58.7]
- The segments of Quin’s history in online business. [0:09:45.3]
- Low risk, low investment and drop shipping. [0:15:20.7]
- Comparing the online marketplace of today versus that of the past. [0:19:15.2]
- Scaling, bulk selling and cellphone cases. [0:23:12.1]
- The idea of private labeling. [0:29:32.7]
- Facing failure and learning from difficult circumstances. [0:35:08.5]
- Quin’s forays into the food, grocery and baby categories on Amazon. [0:38:51.7]
- The longevity of certain products on Amazon. [0:44:30.5]
- Racing to the bottom line and respite from the crunch. [0:48:13.4]
- Following demand, market size and the excitement of seeing your products. [0:56:02.8]
- Building a passion and a business as you learn. [1:03:13.4]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Discover.bot — https://discover.bot/fizzle
- Your Guide to Bot-Building Frameworks – https://bit.ly/2KfdIiS
- Quin Amorim — https://www.linkedin.com/in/private-label
- Amazon — https://www.amazon.com
- eBay — https://www.ebay.com
- Nokia — https://www.nokia.com
- Ed Hardy — https://www.edhardyoriginals.com
- Bill Gates — https://www.gatesnotes.com
- NerdWallet — https://www.nerdwallet.com
- Taotronics — https://www.taotronics.com
- Anker — https://www.anker.com
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Try 5 — http://fizzle.co/try5
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Aiden Fishbein ––https://vitals.agency/blog/author/aiden/
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting