Questions from 4 listeners today take us into the realm of the USP (Unique Selling Proposition).
We share some of our insights about getting to clarity in your offers to increase conversion and engagement. Enjoy!
It’s better to listen on the go! Subscribe on iTunes
- Party in my Plants. Such a fun site.
- Her audience struggles with engagement. “How do I have an online business when all the audience wants to do is consume privately?”
- PaulRicken.nl is Paul’s Site. Paul’s song and energy in his question are amazing!
- “How can I build an intimate relationship with my subscribers if they’re not signing up?”
- Wampler Pedals and Chasing Tone Podcast.
- Using google drive for team-based project management. “What system do you guys use to manage projects?”
- Solopreneur Project Management Skills (FS078)
- The Tools, Books, Systems and Resources That Helped Us Most (FS020)
- And the Productivity Course within our Member Area (of course) is highly recommended for all things to-do.
- She’s a film maker making some specific films for specific markets, currently writing some website copy.
- “I don’t feel comfortable with hard-sell copy. Can you suggest some effective websites that don’t use hard-sell tactics?”
- I recommend looking at the sales pages of people who use VHX. You can find a ton of examples on their blog.
- Some of these examples are remarkably sparse, like this one. Others have a lot going on like this one from Indie Game the Movie.
- This American Life Live seems to hit a middle road.
- Sandwich Video is a great place to watch as well. What objections are they overcoming? What words?
- Gumroad Picks: Films. Gumroad has a bunch of examples to explore as well.
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »