It was a successful business making good money, a few thousand a month. And then, suddenly, poof — the whole business is gone.
This is the allure and the danger of a business ideas that’s “not the most legit thing,” and this is the situation one of our podcast guests today has to deal with.
Our answers to his question and 3 other Fizzle Show listeners on today’s show. Enjoy!
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
““It Wasn’t the Most Legit Thing.” How to Recover from an Illegal Business Idea”
Dara’s Question (7m)
- Which conferences do we recommend attending?
- We take a look at Dara’s site for transgender counseling.
- The importance of photography in websites
- Scott Dinsmore’s new website is a great example of good photography on a website
- Tips To Make The Most of Conferences (FS032) — for more of our tips on conferences.
- Pioneer Nation
- Nearly Impossible Conference
- Small Business Summit
- Innovation Uncensored
- Bacon Biz
- The Instigator Experience
- 99U Conference
- New Media Expo
- Social Media Marketing World
- World Domination Summit
- Tropical Think Tank
- Big Omaha
Rob’s Question (18m)
- What’s your biggest failure and how get back up and find success?
- He “wasn’t doing the most legit thing.” A Google update destroyed his business.
- He’s forced to create something new after working so hard.
- each of us share a failure story and how we pulled out of it.
Dante’s Question (37m)
- How do I get more exposure for my book?
- He self published his own book
- He wants to get himself on shows like the view and get endorsements.
- Barrett recommends Ryan Holiday’s Trust Me, I’m Lying for anyone who wants to write books or get major media exposure.
- See also Barrett’s killer list of articles on book writing.
Amy’s Question (49m)
- How do you get momentum back after you’ve lost it?
- She launched a product for Mellow-Waves.com, had a crisis of confidence the week before launch. Fizzle community helped her launch but she didn’t promote it as much as she originally wanted to.
- How do you keep up momentum after you’ve been working for so long and then everything goes “meh”?