It was a successful business making good money, a few thousand a month. And then, suddenly, poof — the whole business is gone.
This is the allure and the danger of a business ideas that’s “not the most legit thing,” and this is the situation one of our podcast guests today has to deal with.
Our answers to his question and 3 other Fizzle Show listeners on today’s show. Enjoy!
It’s better to listen on the go! Subscribe on iTunes
““It Wasn’t the Most Legit Thing.” How to Recover from an Illegal Business Idea”
Dara’s Question (7m)
- Which conferences do we recommend attending?
- We take a look at Dara’s site for transgender counseling.
- The importance of photography in websites
- Scott Dinsmore’s new website is a great example of good photography on a website
- Tips To Make The Most of Conferences (FS032) — for more of our tips on conferences.
- Pioneer Nation
- Nearly Impossible Conference
- Small Business Summit
- Innovation Uncensored
- Bacon Biz
- The Instigator Experience
- 99U Conference
- New Media Expo
- Social Media Marketing World
- World Domination Summit
- Tropical Think Tank
- Big Omaha
Rob’s Question (18m)
- What’s your biggest failure and how get back up and find success?
- He “wasn’t doing the most legit thing.” A Google update destroyed his business.
- He’s forced to create something new after working so hard.
- each of us share a failure story and how we pulled out of it.
Dante’s Question (37m)
- How do I get more exposure for my book?
- He self published his own book
- He wants to get himself on shows like the view and get endorsements.
- Barrett recommends Ryan Holiday’s Trust Me, I’m Lying for anyone who wants to write books or get major media exposure.
- See also Barrett’s killer list of articles on book writing.
Amy’s Question (49m)
- How do you get momentum back after you’ve lost it?
- She launched a product for Mellow-Waves.com, had a crisis of confidence the week before launch. Fizzle community helped her launch but she didn’t promote it as much as she originally wanted to.
- How do you keep up momentum after you’ve been working for so long and then everything goes “meh”?
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »