10 Things That Have Changed About Online Business In The Past 10 Years with Pat Flynn
Want to hear from some giants in the online business space about what’s changed in business the past 10 years? You should.
Ever wonder what is actually important to learn when it comes to building your own business? Are you getting left behind by the ever-changing entrepreneurial landscape? Then you better get into this episode.
Everyone knows there’s so much we need to learn when starting a business. We simply don’t know everything we need to before starting our businesses.
But that begs the question; what’s worth learning and what isn’t? If you waste your time learning unnecessary things, you are the only one who pays for it. Bottom line: you are just hurting yourself and your business.
In today’s episode, we are talking about exactly what has changed in online business for indie entrepreneurs over the last 10 years. Because if we can figure out and be smart about what has been changing, maybe that can help us better prepare for what will change in the future.
Today we welcome a very special guest, Pat Flynn, to discuss the way online business has changed over the past 10 years with Fizzle’s CEO, Corbett Barr.
Both Corbett and Pat are seasoned entrepreneurs who have supported themselves and their families through indie online business for 10+ years. Pat is the founder of Smart Passive Income where he teaches others, through his own experiments, exactly how to stop trading time for money and start building a business that works. And Corbett is the Co-Founder and CEO of Fizzle.co, which provides community feedback and friendship alongside high quality training for people earning a living doing something they care about.
Both these guys get into amazing insights that teach and inspire in this informal, conversational and entertaining episode! Enjoy 🙂
Key Points From This Episode:
- Overview of Pat’s entrepreneurial journey and shifts he’s experienced in the past. [0:02:59.0]
- The consistency of content value, despite the changing multi-media landscape. [0:05:04.0]
- How the mobile platform has increased its presence in online business. [0:07:46.0]
- Understanding the future of mobile as augmented reality and virtual reality comes into play. [0:10:16.0]
- Why now it is more valuable to first be present on one platform and mastering it. [0:13:00.0]
- The turning point that pushed Pat to create his first online course. [0:16:39.0]
- What has not changed about delivering an online information product? [0:19:55.0]
- How to make your online course stand out in a very saturated market. [0:23:16.0]
- Understanding the algorithms that are controlling how we connect. [0:29:18.0]
- Recognizing how to capitalize on a business “wave” or trend. [0:31:00.0]
- Why it is important to never put all your eggs in one “business basket”. [0:33:08.0]
- Creating customized automation and a personalized experience with your email list. [0:36:18.0]
- How team collaboration has changed with the introduction of new tech and tools. [0:39:33.0]
- Increase in competition in the online space; podcasting, social media, and inbox. [0:43:16.0]
- Why it has become easier to create a group of super-niched super fans. [0:46:08.0]
- How people are now running entire businesses on social media platforms. [0:49:15.0]
- Managing your expectations about online business and putting in the hard work. [0:51:03.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- A Toolkit for Indie Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- FreshBooks — https://freshbooks.com/fizzle
- Pat Flynn — https://twitter.com/PatFlynn
- Smart Passive Income — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Episode 235 with Vanessa Van Edwards — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/complete-able-online-course-heres-3-things-improve-fs235
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- How to Grow Your Email List in 7 Days — https://fizzle.co/email
- 100 True Fans — https://www.amazon.com/1000-True-Fans-Kellys-Simple-ebook/dp/B01N9P9O4G
- DigiTour — http://www.thedigitour.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.