Finding the Balance Between Being Creative and Getting Sh*t Done
Do you lean more to the artistic or organizational side? Are you struggling to organize your creative ideas? Is it difficult for you to make time for ideas amongst all the organization and admin that you do?
As entrepreneurs, there is a constant balancing act that takes place between these two poles. On one hand you have the inspiration, ideas and free energy of your business, and on the other hand, the structure, organization and management.
Without a good mix of these it is difficult to imagine a successful business.
In this episode, we talk about just that – how to give enough energy and time to both areas. More importantly, how to do this according to your needs and personality!
During the discussion, we even help you reclaim the true meaning of ‘creativity’ so as to encompass both worlds and emphasize their dual-role in creation and production.
So come with us on this journey as we help you down the ski-slope of your business. With both feet firmly in a place and your mind as the director of each ski we are certain you can ensure a smooth ride! Tune in to hear it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The war between chaos and order. [0:06:10.2]
- Making sure the big, important creative work does not fall off the list. [0:08:23.4]
- The benefits of forcing periods for creativity. [0:13:07.2]
- Chase’s challenge of coming back to earth from the world of ideas. [0:17:39.6]
- Comparing the actual differences between these supposedly separate spheres. [0:24:09.1]
- The idea of guided flexibility as a happy medium. [0:32:01.2]
- An example of a successful musician to emphasize structured creativity. [0:35:31.3]
- Using your intentions and needs as the third point of the triangle [0:41:32.7]
- The inherent biases that we retain around these approaches. [0:44:17.9]
- The strength of polarization and harnessing this through balance. [0:49:05.2]
- Assuming the role of director in your inner play. [0:52:02.7]
- Recognizing and using our internal stories as a tool. [0:55:03.2]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course – https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course – https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- Courage and Clarity Plan Your Week – https://www.courageandclarity.com/plan/
- Do Good Be Good – https://sharonspeaks.com/
- Grateful Dead – http://www.dead.net/
- Elizabeth Gilbert – https://www.elizabethgilbert.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.