Email Hospitality: Copywriting A Personable Email Welcome Series (FS317)
How do we use copywriting to craft our ultimate email welcome series? What are the elements and rules that connect with new audience members and keep them coming back? Is email still as relevant as it once was?
The answer is yes, the stats show that email is more used now than ever before. Most of us know that an email welcome series can go a long way, but that does not mean that concocting great email copy and content is a common skill.
In this episode, we talk about how to craft that vital first emailed contact, why templates don’t matter so much and a few rules that can keep your emails out of the spam folder. We are trying to get you thinking about who you are writing to and connecting meaningfully with them!
Today on the show, we are joined by Barrett Brooks, Marketing Lead at ConvertKit and certified email badass! He is driven by the belief that business is one of the most powerful forces for good in the world and this really shows in his and ConvertKit’s increasingly blazing success rate.
We also talk about how to get receivers’ attention and your emails opened right away in the right way, the usefulness of questions and emojis, forming the body of an email and finding the pillar posts of your business. For all of this, join us today, Fizzlers!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A quick update from Barrett Brooks, ConvertKit and the world of email. [0:07:18.6]
- The stable importance of an email welcome sequence. [0:12:02.3]
- Current marketing and how people find your company online. [0:13:42.7]
- The main objective of an email welcome series. [0:17:30.1]
- Why Luke Skywalker took very little notice of Yoda at first. [0:25:35.6]
- Symptoms, treatments and long term solutions. [0:27:31.2]
- Gaining trust through email copywriting, dos and don’ts. [0:32:55.6]
- Personalization and segmenting your email list by interests. [0:43:30.4]
- The three things you can do to get your copywriting up to scratch. [0:48:06.2]
- Summarizing the mains tenants of creating your best welcome series. [0:52:00.8]
- Compiling a greatest hits of content for your business. [0:55:03.5]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Gusto — http://gusto.com/fizzle
- ConvertKit — http://convertkit.com/fizzle
- Discover.bot — https://discover.bot/fizzle
- Your Guide to Bot-Building Frameworks – https://bit.ly/2KfdIiS
- Barrett Brooks — https://convertkit.com/author/barrettbrooks/
- ConvertKit — https://convertkit.com
- Aweber –– https://aweber.com/
- Wall Street Journal — https://www.wsj.com
- StoryBrand — https://storybrand.com
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Ultimate Welcome Series — https://app.fizzle.co/library/ultimate-welcome-email
- Shark Tank — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442550/
- Dragon’s Den — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443370/
- Star Wars — https://www.starwars.com
- Terence McKenna — https://medium.com/the-mission/unconventional-inspiration-the-best-of-terence-mckenna-5040385a69a2
- Career Renegade — https://www.amazon.com/Career-Renegade-Great-Living-Doing/dp/0767927419
- Copy Hackers — https://copyhackers.com
- Justin Jackson — https://justinjackson.ca
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com
- Kickstarter — https://www.kickstarter.com
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Aiden Fishbein on Twitter –– https://twitter.com/megafishbein
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.