How to Cultivate True Fans (FS294)
What is the quickest and safest way towards building a sustainable business? How can focussing on cultivating true fans help you reach this goal? What are the best ways to go about this cultivation?
We often talk about attaining a level of success that is adjusted to what you need in order to live the life you want. And, one of the greatest realizations of this process is the humble reality of this level. You do not need to be famous or have huge numbers of fans or customers in order to make a living!
In this episode, we unpack the idea of a committed customer base which has its roots in Kevin Kelly’s 2008 piece entitled “1000 True Fans.” Using this starting point, we look at what it means to have true fans and how to go about attracting them. We discuss the core and essential elements to these relationships while also emphasizing the unique ways in which it can play out in your business.
We also talk about integrity, authenticity, empathy and the vital moment of purchase. We are sure this approach can progress your business in at least a few ways, so make sure you join us for this must hear episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The importance of Kevin Kelly’s “1000 True Fans”. [0:05:02.2]
- Trust, consistency and commitment from this circle of customers. [0:12:12.5]
- The two skis down the slope of success. [0:18:15.3]
- Raw honesty and connecting with what is integral to your personality. [0:20:44.9]
- Empathy and our tendency towards selfishness. [0:26:49.5]
- Authenticity as a key concept of the cultivation of true fans. [0:31:50.6]
- Questioning integrity and the breaking of trust through deception. [0:36:10.0]
- The moment of purchase and sealing of the deal. [0:41:30.4]
- True fans as a great and accessible way towards realistic success. [0:44:35.6]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- Discover.bot — https://discover.bot/fizzle/
- A beginner’s guide to bots — https://discover.bot/bot-talk/beginners-guide-bots/
- 1000 True Fans — https://kk.org/thetechnium/1000-true-fans/
- Kevin Kelly — https://kk.org/
- Wired — https://www.wired.com/
- Tools of Titans — https://toolsoftitans.com/
- Tim Ferriss — https://tim.blog/
- Crickets to Customers — https://courageclarity.teachable.com/p/crickets-to-customers
- Nordstrom — https://shop.nordstrom.com/
- Sonos — https://www.sonos.com/en/home
- Bill Cosby — https://www.apnews.com/BillCosby
- Write Epic Shit — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/write-epic-shit
- Joe Rogan — https://www.joerogan.com/
- Medium — https://medium.com/
- Seth Godin — https://www.sethgodin.com/
- Hilary Rodham Clinton — https://www.hillaryclinton.com/
- Donald Trump — https://www.donaldjtrump.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.