How to Use Email Marketing To Grow Your Business in 2015 (FS132)
Email marketing. Those two words pack a powerful punch in the world of independent entrepreneurs and small business. In this week’s episode we tackle some of your most common questions about using email to grow your business.
Corbett, Steph, and Barrett are your hosts for this week’s show on email marketing tools, strategies, and terminology. But if that’s all you get out of this episode, then you’ve missed the point.
Email marketing should fuel your business strategy, not the other way around. Sure, email is as relevant as ever before in building a business, but only if you use it well.
If you’ve been wondering when and how to get started with email marketing in your business (or perhaps you want to revamp your current email strategy), this is the perfect conversation for you. Tune in.
(You know you should subscribe and listen to it on your podcast app on the go, right?) Enjoy!
Some of the questions we ask and answer:
- Is email marketing still relevant today? Is it a good marketing channel for your business?
- What are the tools available to get started with email marketing? Which tools are best for different businesses?
- “Ooooohhhh, my favorite blogger is using [insert fancy email tool here]… should I switch my email marketing provider today?”
- Lists, groups, segments, forms, subscribers… what, exactly, do these terms mean?
- What kinds of forms should I be using, and where should those forms be on my website?
- What’s the email marketing of tomorrow look like? How can I be using automation, data, and segmenting to create a system that feels personal and relevant to my customers?
Chase’s Daily European Travels Vlog – Chase shares a daily video update with plenty of great b-roll from his travels around Europe with his wife for their tenth anniversary
Lifestyle Business Weekly – Corbett’s new weekly newsletter, video show, and podcast where he shares the best stuff on running a lifestyle business from around the web
Email marketing tools you can consider for your business:
- ConvertKit – definitely our highest recommendation these days. Much more powerful than Mailchimp for most online entrepreneurs. Segmenting, tagging, automation, email sequences/courses, landing page creation, all of it is so easy and powerful.
- Mailchimp – Friendly brand with relatively easy to understand user interface. Features range from basic email campaigns to automation workflows. Free up to 2,000 email subscribers (without automation). Paid plans start at $10 and scale up as your email list grows.
Well-curated newsletters to check out:
- Brain Food from Farnam Street
- Brain Pickings from Maria Popova
- Next Draft from Dave Pell
- The Skimm
- What We’re Reading from The New York Times
That’s it for this episode’s show notes, people. Thanks for tuning in. Remember to leave us a review in iTunes and subscribe to the show while you’re there!
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.