How to Use Email Marketing To Grow Your Business in 2015 (FS132)
Email marketing. Those two words pack a powerful punch in the world of independent entrepreneurs and small business. In this week’s episode we tackle some of your most common questions about using email to grow your business.
Corbett, Steph, and Barrett are your hosts for this week’s show on email marketing tools, strategies, and terminology. But if that’s all you get out of this episode, then you’ve missed the point.
Email marketing should fuel your business strategy, not the other way around. Sure, email is as relevant as ever before in building a business, but only if you use it well.
If you’ve been wondering when and how to get started with email marketing in your business (or perhaps you want to revamp your current email strategy), this is the perfect conversation for you. Tune in.
(You know you should subscribe and listen to it on your podcast app on the go, right?) Enjoy!
Some of the questions we ask and answer:
- Is email marketing still relevant today? Is it a good marketing channel for your business?
- What are the tools available to get started with email marketing? Which tools are best for different businesses?
- “Ooooohhhh, my favorite blogger is using [insert fancy email tool here]… should I switch my email marketing provider today?”
- Lists, groups, segments, forms, subscribers… what, exactly, do these terms mean?
- What kinds of forms should I be using, and where should those forms be on my website?
- What’s the email marketing of tomorrow look like? How can I be using automation, data, and segmenting to create a system that feels personal and relevant to my customers?
Chase’s Daily European Travels Vlog – Chase shares a daily video update with plenty of great b-roll from his travels around Europe with his wife for their tenth anniversary
Lifestyle Business Weekly – Corbett’s new weekly newsletter, video show, and podcast where he shares the best stuff on running a lifestyle business from around the web
Email marketing tools you can consider for your business:
- ConvertKit – definitely our highest recommendation these days. Much more powerful than Mailchimp for most online entrepreneurs. Segmenting, tagging, automation, email sequences/courses, landing page creation, all of it is so easy and powerful.
- Mailchimp – Friendly brand with relatively easy to understand user interface. Features range from basic email campaigns to automation workflows. Free up to 2,000 email subscribers (without automation). Paid plans start at $10 and scale up as your email list grows.
Well-curated newsletters to check out:
- Brain Food from Farnam Street
- Brain Pickings from Maria Popova
- Next Draft from Dave Pell
- The Skimm
- What We’re Reading from The New York Times
That’s it for this episode’s show notes, people. Thanks for tuning in. Remember to leave us a review in iTunes and subscribe to the show while you’re there!
Earn a living doing something you love.
Grow an audience and get paid for your work as an independent creator. Fizzle is where creators come to learn, share and make progress toward their online dreams.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
8 Experiments to Spice Up Your Podcasting Routine
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Introducing Fizzle 2.0
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
The Secret to Creating Consistent Content (that nobody’s talking about)
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
The EXITpreneur’s Playbook with Joe Valley
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
R&D Tax Credits with Tiffany Bisconer
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
Behind the Scenes: Fizzle 2.0
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.