How do I know if my business idea is viable (FS081)
Several listeners asked questions about choosing between multiple business ideas. What can you do to tell which ones are viable and which aren’t?
We get into that, a youtube video editing hack, Barrett’s “LPC” strategy and a couple other bits on the show today. Enjoy!
- Emma Davies’ suggestion for a fun bit on this show. We won’t do that.
- 5 min: A story about morning routines and the environments we work in. Also, Chase tries math… again.
- 10: Design + copywriting efficacy.
- 13: Barrett’s “LPC” twitter strategy.
- 16: Learning about YouTube editing tips. Drum beats in the background!
- 20: Jamie’s question: Am I right to follow my heart instead of an easier and quicker way to bring in money?
- 26: Is there such a thing as balance? Also, Barrett’s super sexual basketball reference.
- 33: Sean Marconett’s question: do you think creating a product to coach online entrepreneurs about mindset is a viable business idea? Do you think business experience is required, or is being experience in coaching all that’s necessary?
- 43: James’ question: how do you work with a team and not get bogged down in the “fiddly” bits? We’re having trouble releasing certain roles to certain members.
- “You came out of the womb with an eagle poster that said, ‘Achieve.’”
- 54: Dave’s question: I’ve got one idea already going and another I want to get started on. When can I move away from one idea, or move it to auto pilot, and start on the other? Can I just start doing the other one alongside and do 2 alongside a 9-5 biz?
Links + Stuff
Live Your Legend — Chase and Corbett helped Scott and his team put this new design together.
Words — “There’s not much here. Just words.”
Jason Selk (performance coach) on the Bryan Callen Podcast — “While serving as the Director of Mental Training for the St Louis Cardinals, Dr. Jason Selk helped the team win their first World Series in over 20 years.”
Filson 72 Hour Tin Briefcase Review — Notice the drum beat.
Earn a living doing something you love.
Grow an audience and get paid for your work as an independent creator. Fizzle is where creators come to learn, share and make progress toward their online dreams.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
8 Experiments to Spice Up Your Podcasting Routine
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Introducing Fizzle 2.0
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
The Secret to Creating Consistent Content (that nobody’s talking about)
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
The EXITpreneur’s Playbook with Joe Valley
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
R&D Tax Credits with Tiffany Bisconer
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
Behind the Scenes: Fizzle 2.0
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.