Launching A Course From Start To Finish In 2018 (FS279)
Are you putting a lot of time and effort into making a course? Is no one buying it? Are you finding it challenging to figure out how to get it sold?
Well look no further. We’re talking about how to actually get a course purchased.
You can make a course on anything that people want to learn how to do.
You make a course, you put this work together, it’s a thing that teaches someone how to unclog their own drains or how to live with more intention, how to earn revenue for their business using Facebook ads, how to consolidate all of their families memories onto media in the cloud or whatever it is.
The big question is, How do you get people who want to learn how to do that to the page that sells the course with enough motivation and desire to actually purchase it? This is all super challenging stuff and doing that today is very different than doing that five years ago.
On today’s episode we’re going to talk about is how would you build a buzz for a course in 2018 that could help you get some of those things sold.
Today on the show we are joined by Steph Crowder who is actively launching her first big girl course. She’s done lots of group programs, lots of coaching and she’s been involved with Fizzle courses for a long time. She’s no stranger to making the courses but this is her first one in some ways.
We also talk about having something that can be replicated and repeated and will work for a variety of different people and different situations versus basing it specifically to one individual. It’s having the right expectations going in and staying committed to the process throughout. Getting people excited and engaged and much more so be sure to tune in a get it all in this episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Having the proper expectations and committing to the process. [0:08:13.0]
- The different values of transformation within a course. [0:12:00.0]
- Knowing whether a course is worth putting your time into. [0:17:00.0]
- Creating a course that adds value. [0:22:00.0]
- The meaning of real entrepreneurship. [0:25:25.0]
- Detaching from the outcome and setting good, better and best goals. [0:29:30.0]
- The importance of engagement. [0:33:50.0]
- Knowing your conversions and setting goals according. [0:35:19.0]
- Different ways of building buzz for your launch. [0:37:33.0]
- Giving your audience a reason to engage. [0:41:50.0]
- Deciding on what your freebie will be that plays toward your value prop. [0:45:30.0]
- Incorporating a variety of build buzz activities. [0:51:00.0]
- Pre sell your course and get people locked in. [0:53:30.0]
- Running workshops/webinars through launch week. [1:02:15.0]
- How inviting people to your activities gets them to take the next step. [1:10:00.0]
- Take advantage of success stories from customers and elevate them. [1:12:20.0]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Teachable — https://teachable.com/
- Courage and Clarity Ep 102 — https://www.courageandclarity.com/podcast/
- Amy Porterfield — https://www.amyporterfield.com/
- Marie Forleo — https://www.marieforleo.com/
- Crowdcast — https://www.crowdcast.io/
- 6 Steps to Go From Crickets to Customers — https://www.crowdcast.io/e/6-steps-to-go-from-2/register
- 5 Minute Marketing Makeover — http://www.5minutemarketingmakeover.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.