Making Money from Affiliate Marketing, Video Shows and Podcasting with Matt Giovanisci (FS336)
Ever wonder about starting a video show? Did you decide not to due to the many obstacles, including a lack of time and resources?
Have you wanted to get on podcasting bandwagon but feel unsure of how to juggle your tasks?
Were you concerned that neither of these things would be the most productive use of your time?
In this episode, we discover the wonder of video shows and podcasting and talk about being involved in several ventures while still focusing on what you are good at. We also get into how affiliate marketing can significantly boost your following and the traffic to your website.
Today on the show we are joined by Matt Giovanisci, successful entrepreneur, website wizard, podcast producer, and video veteran. His specialties include web design, internet marketing, web development, SEO, small and corporate business marketing and more, and he is here to talk about how he makes money through information-based sites, affiliate offers and how their link manager tool LASSO fits into it all.
We also talk about the importance of editing your business and scrutinizing expenses, focusing on what you are truly good at and knowing when to delegate and outsource tasks to optimize your productivity. He also shares how he manages to create consistent, high-quality content while avoiding burnout, and he dishes out advice for those who are looking to start producing videos or podcasts.
Be sure to tune in for another fantastic episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Podia.
Podia is a Swiss Army Knife for selling anything you need online. It’s an all-in-one digital storefront where you can sell courses, memberships, and digital downloads all in one place.
The cool thing about Podia is that they eliminate all the technical headaches. You don’t have to install anything, you can host your sales pages there, your files, your checkout process. You can even do your email marketing and your newsletters from Podia!
Fizzle Show listeners can get 15% off of Podia FOR LIFE by signing up for a free trial over at http://podia.com/fizzle.
Key Points from This Episode:
- The evolution of Matt’s project Earnest and joining up with LASSO. [0:05:20.0]
- Building information-based sites and making money through affiliate offers. [0:10:16.0]
- LASSO as a link manager for affiliate sites and other problems it solves. [0:14:25.0]
- How editing his business has been a massive breakthrough. [0:18:34.0]
- Establishing that he is good at digital publishing and deciding to focus on that. [0:23:36.0]
- More about their Money Lab podcast and having a dynamic sponsorship spot. [0:29:48.0]
- How YouTube sponsorship revenue compares to his Matt’s own products. [0:35:22.0]
- Matt’s strategy for putting out videos, podcasts and articles consistently. [0:39:23.0]
- The process of making a video: from the script to finding the right background. [0:43:28.0]
- Deciding which steps of the video production process to outsource. [0:47:08.0]
- Understanding the need to delegate and spending time on what matters. [0:52:42.0]
- Advice for people who want to start a video show or podcast. [1:00:42.0]
- Matt’s amazing affiliate marketing course now available inside Fizzle. [1:04:04.0]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Podia — https://www.podia.com/fizzle
- Matt Giovanisci on Twitter — https://twitter.com/MattGiovanisci
- Swim University — https://www.swimuniversity.com/
- Money Lab Podcast — https://www.moneylab.co/podcast
- LASSO — https://getlasso.co/
- LASSO Free Trial — https://fizzle.co/lasso
- Listen Money Matters Podcast — https://www.listenmoneymatters.com/show/
- WordPress — https://wordpress.com/
- Pretty Links — https://prettylinks.com/
- CleverHiker — https://www.cleverhiker.com/
- Wirecutter — https://thewirecutter.com/
- NerdWallet — https://www.nerdwallet.com/
- WP Engine — https://wpengine.com/
- Traction on Amazon — https://www.amazon.com/Traction-Get-Grip-Your-Business/dp/1936661837
- Profit First — https://profitfirstbook.com/
- Toyota — https://www.toyota.com/
- Mitsubishi — https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/
- Megaphone — https://megaphone.fm/
- StartUp Podcast — https://gimletmedia.com/shows/startup
- The Profit — https://www.cnbc.com/the-profit/
- Shark Tank — https://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank
- Asana — https://asana.com/
- Trello — https://trello.com/
- Caleb Wojcik — https://www.calebwojcik.com/
- Adobe Premiere — https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html?promoid=PQ7SQBYQ&mv=other
- Zencastr — https://zencastr.com/
- PewDiePie — https://www.youtube.com/user/PewDiePie/videos?app=desktop
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Productivity Essentials — https://app.fizzle.co/library/productivity-essentials
- Fizzle Name Evaluator — https://fizzle.co/?s=name+evaluator
- Fizzle Customer Conversations Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
Today’s episode is brought to you by Podia.
Earn a living doing something you love.
Grow an audience and get paid for your work as an independent creator. Fizzle is where creators come to learn, share and make progress toward their online dreams.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
8 Experiments to Spice Up Your Podcasting Routine
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Introducing Fizzle 2.0
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
The Secret to Creating Consistent Content (that nobody’s talking about)
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
The EXITpreneur’s Playbook with Joe Valley
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
R&D Tax Credits with Tiffany Bisconer
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
Behind the Scenes: Fizzle 2.0
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.