Motherbirth with Mellisa Reeves
Have you been waiting to hear more about Chase’s better half’s business? What exactly is Motherbirth and how did Mellisa Reeves go about starting her company?
This episode is all about Mellisa and the business she started centering around helping and fostering meaningful maternal dialogues. Mellisa is here today, talking to Chase and unpacking her journey before and after launching her own company.
We discuss the inspiration behind her work, her job in real estate before branching out and the ideas and values that are the foundation of what she does. A big takeaway from the episode is the idea of the slow-burn approach and Chase and Mellisa really flesh out this great concept.
We also talk about charging for a service aimed at people in pain, self-awareness, content creation and getting away from the information overload.
So for all this and more, join Mellisa and Chase for an extra special episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Some information on what Motherbirth is about. [0:05:40.2]
- The reasons that underpin Mellisa’s work with her company and podcast. [0:07:52.6]
- Turning a passion into a profit and balancing the pressure. [0:10:56.2]
- Gauging your own inner compass of connection to what is most important. [0:14:02.1]
- The concept of slow-burn progress and the sustainability it provides. [0:17:44.6]
- A lesson we can all learn from bacteria! [0:22:20.3]
- The catalyzing factors in developing the Motherbirth course. [0:31:20.6]
- What sparked the idea of Mellisa’s motherhood coaching. [0:32:21.4]
- Making peace with charging people who are in pain. [0:38:29.3]
- The first steps in developing the group coaching and course. [0:40:01.2]
- The way Mellisa managed creating the content for each week of her course. [0:46:30.8]
- The technical skills that Mellisa picked up along the way. [0:49:25.9]
- Avoiding the entrepreneurial inclination to fiddle endlessly. [0:52:39.6]
- Why this process of fiddling is so enticing. [0:55:39.6]
- Mellisa’s policy on lessening the amount of unhealthy kinds of information. [0:57:59.6]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- HoneyBook — https://www.honeybook.com/fizzle
- Sezzle — https://sezzle.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- Motherbirth — https://motherbirth.co/
- Motherbirth Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/motherbirth.co/
- Motherbirth Course — https://motherbirth.co/trust-your-body-again
- Alan Watts — http://www.alanwatts.org/
- Joe Rogan — https://www.joerogan.com/
- Final Cut Pro — https://www.apple.com/lae/final-cut-pro/
- Tim Ferriss — https://tim.blog/
Earn a living doing something you love.
Grow an audience and get paid for your work as an independent creator. Fizzle is where creators come to learn, share and make progress toward their online dreams.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
8 Experiments to Spice Up Your Podcasting Routine
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Introducing Fizzle 2.0
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
The Secret to Creating Consistent Content (that nobody’s talking about)
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
The EXITpreneur’s Playbook with Joe Valley
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
R&D Tax Credits with Tiffany Bisconer
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
Behind the Scenes: Fizzle 2.0
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.