I Just Launched My Product! When Do I Iterate? (FS330)
SPOILER ALERT: you have to be yourself in life, because everybody else is taken!
Not everybody gets to do a job they care about, however. Some of us have to endure the mediocrity of the everyday humdrum. Even if it’s not torture, it is still not giving you the zeal you’d like to wake up with in the morning.
Some of us get to work at Google or Oracle while the rest of us misfits are scurrying around to start our own businesses. We really want it to work so we can make our own schedules and be responsible for our own livelihoods. This independent living online thing, we’ve been at it for years, been talking about if for a long time and there’s a lot of you involved in this – your unique situation and point of view.
If you’ve been following the show for the last several weeks, we’ve been going through the Fizzle Roadmap, a how-to for creating your first business and making it actually successful.
In this episode we are talking about the stage of launching your product. And launching probably is not what you think it is, so getting into this with a blank-slate perspective is advisable. One of the key things we want you to walk away with is knowing how to iterate your product, because this an absolute gem for the modern-day entrepreneur.
We also talk about the role of feedback after launching, community-based initiatives and why you might feel low once the launch is over. This is an emotionally taxing stage to get through, but hopefully we can help you mitigate some of the heaviness, so tune in for this conversation to found out how!
Key Points from This Episode:
- Fizzle’s iterative launch process and opening it up for charter members. [0:05:59.0]
- The drive we had to start off with a minimum viable product (MVP). [0:09:09.0]
- Defining an MVP: Finding a solution that doesn’t cost you too much. [0:11:44.0]
- The role of feedback in evaluating, fixing and iterating your product. [0:14:24.0]
- Launching as a performance and why it’s an emotional experience. [0:18:28.0]
- Being an entrepreneur requires a risk most are unwilling to take. [0:23:28.0]
- Having a marketing strategy and different models for launching. [0:26:25.0]
- Launching group programs and the community as part of the product. [0:32:29.0]
- The benefits of a community-based launch and measuring feedback. [0:37:04.0]
- Launching with a goal to get a particular kind of feedback. [0:42:14.0]
- The importance of strategizing a launch and the Fizzle launch course. [0:47:18.0]
- Renting energy from the future and that post-launch depression. [0:51:50.0]
- The product is for the person and the launch is for the audience. [0:57:13.0]
- Iteration as something every business has to go through. [0:01:02.0]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Product Launching Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co
- Oracle — https://www.oracle.com/index.html
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Chase Reeves — https://www.youtube.com/user/chasereeves
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- The Lean Startup — http://theleanstartup.com/
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Kickstarter — https://www.kickstarter.com/
- Steph Crowder — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Darlene Hildebrandt — https://digital-photography-school.com/author/darlene-hildebrandt/
- Aubrey Marcus — https://www.onnit.com/aubrey-marcus/
- Peter Drucker — https://www.bl.uk/people/peter-drucker
- Jeff Walker — https://jeffwalker.com/
- Finite and Infinite Games on Amazon — https://www.amazon.com/Finite-Infinite-Games-James-Carse/dp/1476731713
- Palapa — https://palapa.co/
- Fizzle Name Evaluator — https://fizzle.co/?s=name+evaluator
- Fizzle Customer Conversations Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
Photo by ian dooley on Unsplash
Earn a living doing something you love.
Grow an audience and get paid for your work as an independent creator. Fizzle is where creators come to learn, share and make progress toward their online dreams.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
8 Experiments to Spice Up Your Podcasting Routine
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Introducing Fizzle 2.0
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
The Secret to Creating Consistent Content (that nobody’s talking about)
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
The EXITpreneur’s Playbook with Joe Valley
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
R&D Tax Credits with Tiffany Bisconer
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
Behind the Scenes: Fizzle 2.0
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.