Testing Business Ideas: How to Figure Out if You’re On the Right Track Today! (FS304)
How do you go about testing business ideas? How can you test one easily and quickly? In what ways can using tests like these help you to grow and propel your business forward?
Running experiments can teach you so much about how to progress. What areas need attention? What is possible? There may be things that you thought were beyond you that are completely achievable!
In this episode, we talk about testing business ideas by running business experiments. We talk about how to structure them to gauge success, build confidence and jump to the next level. We talk about engines of growth, goal setting, clarifying the process and how asking yourself what you want can kickstart this mode of thinking.
This discussion also covers five essential areas of these tests and Aiden breaks down the anatomy of the test body! Included are controls, variables, experiment structure and more. We use the “growing an audience” example to explain these parts so that you can go out and get started testing business ideas right away!
For all that and whole lot more, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- What is a business experiment? [0:07:22.4]
- Maintaining momentum and laying out enough track for your train. [0:12:02.8]
- Heading out into the unknown and using an experimental approach. [0:16:01.2]
- Don’t be a donkey! Make some decisions and take some action! [0:20:30.5]
- The difference between lookers and leapers. [0:23:01.1]
- An overview of the five elements of a great business experiment. [0:30:40.9]
- The intuitive gut feeling around uncertainties and ambitions. [0:37:58.0]
- Variables at the heart of your business. [0:44:10.4]
- The controls and keeping parts of the experiment static. [0:52:10.6]
- Focussing on specific and consistent engines of growth. [0:59:30.3]
- Designing your own tests and experiments according to what you need. [1:04:51.3]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Gusto — http://gusto.com/fizzle
- Modern Family — https://abc.go.com/shows/modern-family
- Boston Celtics — https://www.nba.com/celtics/gtl
- Sienna Van — https://www.toyota.com/sienna/
- The Rockefellers — https://www.ranker.com/list/dark-rockefeller-family-facts/harrison-tenpas
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Bill Burr — http://billburr.com/
- Tim Ferriss — https://tim.blog/
- Glengarry Glen Ross — https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/glengarry_glen_ross
- Google Spreadsheet Business Tests — https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pu1vnbSAe7NSgRmAZhjJXBCkq346d7C-Nz9Ny1IHLXQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Shark Video — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duSPHGiPhwk
- Tony Robbins — https://www.tonyrobbins.com/
- Jess Lively — http://jesslively.com/
- Jordan Peterson — https://jordanbpeterson.com/
- 12 Rules for Life — https://www.amazon.com/12-Rules-Life-Antidote-Chaos/dp/0345816021
- Stephen Covey — https://www.franklincovey.com/the-7-habits.html
- Fizzle Customer Conversation Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Post Mortem Workbook — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/learning-from-pain-via-post-mortems-fs295/
- Aiden Fishbein — https://vitals.agency/blog/author/aiden/
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Aiden Fishbein on Twitter — https://twitter.com/megafishbein
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.