Choosing a Topic
- Welcome (How This Course Will Help You Choose a Topic)
- Interest vs. Value
- Expertise and Skill
- Identifying Business Opportunities
- Business Reality
- Business Boosters
- The Matrix (Decision Time)
- Changing Topics (Yes, It's Possible)
- Whew, Course Wrap-Up
- Coaching Call #1 with Lauren and Jason
- Coaching Call #2 with Lauren and Jason
Welcome (How This Course Will Help You Choose a Topic)
Choosing a topic for your business (or blog, podcast, platform, etc.) is an incredibly important decision.
A great topic can make your life fantastically easy. People will naturally identify with your mission and help share your message. The right topic will make you come alive and fall in love with your business and customers.
A poorly chosen topic will make your life difficult. When people stop by your site, they won’t find a compelling reason to stick around. You’ll be swimming upstream every week, wondering where you went wrong.
In this course, we’ll help you develop a list of potential business topics, identifying all the critical decision factors along the way. We’ll then give you an impartial decision matrix to help evaluate your topic list. This is an intensive action-oriented course, so get focused and be ready to set aside some time to do it right.
Some of this course might feel a little Mr. Miyagi (wax on, wax off), and that’s intentional. By the end, you’ll use every piece of information you’ve completed in the exercises to select a perfect topic to move forward with.
Course Workbook & Exercises
- Choosing a Topic Workbook (Mac Pages version) — a series of exercises to help you flesh out viable topic ideas and important evaluation criteria.
- Choosing a Topic Workbook (PDF version) — a series of exercises to help you flesh out viable topic ideas and important evaluation criteria.